Assisting Roofing Contractors in Canada on All Legal Matters
At Cotney Canada, we understand how competitive, risky, and complex working in the roofing industry can be because we’ve seen firsthand the laws and regulations roofing contractors are up against on a daily basis. You deserve to be represented by a firm with legal expertise and practical industry experience. Our experienced and qualified attorneys will fight to protect your rights and assets and mitigate the risks associated with working in the roofing industry.
Whether you’re facing a contract dispute or in need of general counsel services, turn to the aggressive roofing attorneys at Cotney Canada to look out for your best interest. Each of our attorneys has a reputation for excellence and will work diligently to provide you with strategic representation throughout the entire legal process. We handle a wide range of roofing law matters on behalf of roofing contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and other roofing professionals and specialize in the following services:
- Litigation: We routinely represent roofing contractors in disputes involving negligent design, payment, defective construction, breach of contract, fraudulent misrepresentation, and more.
- Contract Review & Drafting: We have extensive experience reviewing and drafting a wide variety of legal documents, from one page terms and conditions to a four-inch bid package, and offer a fixed price for drafting contract forms.
- Employment Law: Our firm defends roofing contractors in all aspects of employment law, including wage and hour cases and workers’ compensation.
- Licence Defence: We defend roofing contractors in licencing disputes, respond to investigations, and defend complaints based on misallocation of funds, abandonment of a project, fraud, negligence, and more.
- OHSA Defence: We assist roofing contractors in adhering to OHSA workplace standards and regulations, help prepare for inspections, and defend against complaints.
- Bond Law: We provide preparation of bond documents at fixed prices and will handle filing suit on your bond claim in the event of a dispute.
- Corporate Transaction Law: Our unique combination of industry background and legal expertise allows us to assist with the creation, buying, and selling of companies, corporations, and partnerships.
- Contract Negotiation: Our contract negotiation services include all types of contract documents, such as terms and conditions, contractor-owner agreements, and manufacturer warranties.
- Tender Protests: We represent roofing contractors throughout the tender process for public projects and can perform tender protests through the established procedures.
- Lien Law: Our firm also provides all lien documents at fixed prices, including Notice to Owner, Claim of Lien, Notice to Contractor, and more.